Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.) applauded the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for awarding $2,391,000 to assist with family planning services in Nevada.
“I want to thank HHS for investing in family planning services in the state. We must ensure that providers of family planning services in Nevada continue to receive the critical funding they need so that we can deliver the best care to women, expectant mothers and children. I will continue my fight in Congress to preserve Title X funding and maintain this critical support for low-income families.”
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) awarded the following grants:
- $695,000 for Nevada Primary Care Association: Reproductive Education and Care in Community Health Homes (REACCHH).
- $132,000 for Nevada Health Centers, Inc.: Nevada Health Centers will provide access to Tile X Family Planning Services at four health centers in Elko County, Nevada.
- $903,000 for the Southern Nevada Health District: Southern Nevada Family Planning Program.
- $140,000 for the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services: Family Planning Services and Reproductive Health in Rural and Frontier Nevada.
- $521,000 for Washoe County: Family Planning Program grant to serve the Washoe County area, including the cities of Reno and Sparks, Nevada.