One of my top priorities is making sure veterans, service members and their families have access to the resources and assistance they earned. If you are having issues with the Department of Defense (DoD), Coast Guard, National Guard Bureau, Reserve, the Defense Health Agency (DHA), TRICARE, Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), Department of Veterans Affairs, or the National Personnel Records Center, please do not hesitate to contact my office for assistance. Generally, federal casework can take 30-60 days to receive responses, however, some cases may take longer. Please see the guidance below for more information on the type of assistance my office can provide. For additional support, please see my Veterans Resource Guide here.  


Service Members, Military Families Retirees, and Survivors

My office may be able to assist with issues such as TRICARE enrollment, DFAS for military, retiree and survivor benefit plan pay issues, prescriptions, and other concerns. Please include the sponsor’s information. For any health care related issue, please also include a HIPAA, DD Form 2870, Authorization for Disclosure of Medical or Dental Information. 


VA Health Care  

Access to health care for Nevada veterans is a top priority. Please reach out to my office with any VA health care, CHAMPVA, or related issues. Please reach out to your VA Social Worker for non-medical issues. For medical billing issues, please include a copy of the medical billing statement.   

Please see the latest updates on VA Health Care Eligibility here.  

The PACT Act expands VA health care eligibility. Find more information here. 

The VA Caregiver Support Program determinations are clinically based and you can call 855-260-3274 for more information. Please work with VA staff and follow their guidance on the appeals process.  


VA Debt Management Center 

My office may be able to assist with VA debt issues. We encourage veterans to view their VA debt online or call the VA prior to reaching out to my office. Please call the VA Debt Management for benefit overpayments and copay bills at 800-827-0648 (TTY 711) or visit their website here. You may also contact the VA Health Resource Center at 866-400-1238. 


VA Home Loans & Housing 

If you are facing homelessness, please reach out to the VA for housing assistance at this website.  

You can also reach out to The National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 877-424-3838.

If you are facing a financial hardship with your VA Home Loan, please reach out to a  

VA Loan Technician at 877-827-3702 or by visiting the VA website here. 


VA Disability Claims  

My office recommends that you first work with a VA accredited representative or Veteran Service Officer (VSO) to file an initial claim with the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA). VSOs are experts and can assist veterans and survivors with disability claims, appeals, and Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) claims. Nevada Department of Veteran Services is a state resource for Veteran Service Officers across Nevada to file claims at no cost. 

Prior to reaching out to my office, veterans can directly access the status of their claim: by calling the Veteran’s Benefits Administration at 1-800-827-1000 or online here.

Feel free to reach out to my office two months after a claim is submitted to check on the status of your claim. If you require assistance expediting your claim due to medical, financial or housing hardship, please reach out to my office right away. Documentation for hardship is required and the VA makes determinations on expedite eligibility.


VA Surviving Spouse Claims 

Survivors may be eligible for VA benefits such as Dependency and Indemnity Compensation or VA Survivor’s Pension. Please refer to the VA for eligibility requirements and speak with an accredited VSO to file a claim. Feel free to reach out to my office two months after a claim is submitted to the VA to check on the status.  


Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA) 

Information about choosing to file an appeal to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA) can be found here.

My office can request an expedite on your case if it meets certain eligibility criteria. Please know that BVA cases can take two years or more to complete. You can request a Virtual BVA Hearing as an option to advance your case. Speak with your VSO or directly email the BVA to make the request at

More information about virtual hearings can be found here.

Prior to reaching out to my office, veterans can directly obtain the status of their appeal by calling the VA Status Line at 1-800-827-1000 or by visiting their website here.



Please visit the Nevada Department of Veteran Services to find out eligibility for burial at the Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemeteries. My office can assist with DD-214 or military records requests from the National Personnel Records Center.  

To determine eligibility for a burial at a VA National Cemetery, view information and apply here.


National Personnel Records Center (Military Records and Medal Requests) 

My office can assist veterans and surviving family members with a status update on their submitted requests for DD-214s including for burials, military personnel files, and military medical treatment records. Please visit the National Archives website for instructions on how to send a military service records request with a Standard Form 180. 

For requests from next-of-kin, a copy of the veteran’s death certificate is required in addition to the Standard Form 180.  

There is a significant backlog for these cases. Please reach out to my office right away for requests related to burial. For all other requests, please reach out to my office two months after the request has been submitted.  


Military Discharge Upgrades

We encourage veterans to work with an accredited Veteran Service Officer (VSO) to submit your application for a military discharge upgrade. These cases take 18-24 months to complete. Please reach out to my office 1 year after your application is submitted to check on a status update or if you need assistance with obtaining military records.   

*Please note: only one congressional office may submit an inquiry on behalf of a constituent. If you are currently working with another congressional office, you should continue working directly with that office.    

Filter Results

Date Range
Date Range

Filter Results

Date Range
Date Range


Rango de Fechas
Rango de Fechas