Cortez Masto Statement on Potential Northern Nevada Floods
Senator Cortez Masto urges Nevadans to beware of flood conditions and follow the state of emergency’s procedures
Washington, DC – Today, Senator Catherine Cortez Masto released the following statement after Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval announced measures to prepare for anticipated floods in Northern Nevada:
“Governor Brian Sandoval’s decision to declare a state of emergency due to the historic precipitation in Northern Nevada shows the gravity of the situation. I have been in contact with local, state and federal officials to ensure that the affected areas have the tools and resources they need to respond to the floods and provide relief to the affected families. I offer my full support of Governor Sandoval’s measures and I will continue to monitor the situation. I urge Nevadans to not ignore warnings from state and federal authorities and stay off flooded roads."
Flood Preparedness List:
- Be aware of when conditions are right for flooding.
- Listen to local authorities, the TV/radio for latest weather updates and emergency instructions.
- Know where to go and how to reach higher ground.
- Build or restock emergency preparedness kit to include sandbags, flashlight, batteries, cash and first aid supplies, important papers, medical and pet supplies.
- Additional tips can be found at Ready.gov.
Next Release Previous Release